Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lilac Parade

The kids and I went to the Lilac Parade last night.Dave had to work so we went with one of my friends and her family. We had so much fun, all of the kids got along great and the weather was beautiful. I think it was the warmest Lilac Parade I've ever been to. Of course we took the kids on the Merry-go-Round before we sat down to watch the parade, Reece's first time, and the kids loved it. Reece got a little nervous at first when his horse started moving, but he liked it once he got going.






Sierra had such a blast watching the parade. She loved waving to the princesses and dancing to the marching bands. It was fun to watch her having so much fun because I remember going to the parade when I was little and I want her to have fond memories of it like I do. We spent a lot of time trying to keep Reece content since he couldn't be down on the ground, he wouldn't sit on the blanket and play, so he had to be held or in the stroller the whole time. Besides the fact that he dumped a whole bottle of bubbles on himself, which caused me to stress out for a little bit. All in all we had a great time. Both kids stayed up for the whole parade, even though Reece was tired before the parade even started.

Some planes flew over before the parade started, both kids got pretty excited.




4 comments:

Just a girl and her thoughts said...

I wanted to go to the parade soooo bad! I wish I would've known you were going! Looks like you had a good, bubbly time!

Shannon said...

Oh! Looks so fun! How brave reece is to ride that thing on his own! His hair is so crazy, cute, but crazy! lolol

Mindi said...

yeah that's the sun screen and sweat look. :)

Shannon said...

Oh yes, my kids are very familiar with that look! :D