Monday, September 8, 2008

Interstate Fair 2008

This post has a crazy amount of pictures, but there were just sooooo many it was hard to narrow them down. I think I took over a hundred pictures while we were at the fair, but it was so much fun. The first thing we did was see the llamas and let Sierra go for a ride. She loved it and she even got to feed a llama too.

Sierra was too small for almost every ride, she wasn't even big enough to go on the big slide, but she did go on the teacup ride. She was so funny, lounging back and letting the little boy she rode with do all of the work.
She looks like she's having a blast in this one.
We got cotton candy to take home and Sierra got to hold it. By the time we got home it was all deflated because she'd been squishing it and twirling it around. She was worn out by the time we left.
We put the kids together in the single stroller because it has a better basket than my double stroller, it worked out really well and Sierra was being so sweet and rubbing Reece's head.
We took pictures in the Tee pee display they had set up, so here's a rare shot of mommy, the kids looked so cute I had to post it.
And one with daddy too.
The kids had a blast looking at the animals. The only problem we had was in the cow barn, one of the cows was mooing like crazy and Sierra freaked out. She didn't want to look at any of the cows after that.
Bubba passed out in the car, I tried to keep him up so he'd go down for his nap when we got home, but he was exhausted. He stayed asleep when I moved him to his bed anyway.
They had a little kangaroo, it was so cute.
This goat was being really aggressive with the other goats, it was head butting them, but I think it's really cute. I love it's coloring.
I think pigs are so adorable.
I loved the coloring on this bull and the ring in his nose.
Reece pointed at this bunny and said Moooo so I had to take a picture of it, it was so sweet.
The ugliest turkey I've ever seen.

We sat and watched the lumberjack show which was really fun. The kids weren't very interested, but Dave and I were. It was really entertaining and the guy with the beard reminded us of David's grandpa. We wanted to get a picture with him and the kids at the end, but he was talking to some people for a really long time and we didn't want to interrupt.
I love the rainbow suspenders.


Wow, did you actually read all of that. I think that's a record for my longest post, and the most pictures in one post too. All in all we had a good time at the fair, but I think we'll wait a few years before we go back. Reece got pretty tired of staying in the stroller and the kids wont be big enough for most of the rides for a while still. We did have some great ice cream though, mmmmmm bubble gum.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like so much fun! Another activity where I wish we could have come with you! One of these days, we will get to have fun family activities TOGETHER! Great pictures, and you look SO pretty! Miss you!

Angela said...

Hi cousin!!

What great pictures. I'll load some more on here when I get a chance but feel free to check out my facebook page. Search Angela Sells.