Friday, September 19, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBY BOY

I can't believe my baby is 2. Reece's birthday was yesterday, so I'm a day late posting, but I was stressed beyond belief trying to do the birthday party. Now that the party is over I can relax and post about it. We did a Star Wars themed party, Reece isn't really into anything in particular yet, so we just did something Dave likes. I wanted to go all out because Reece didn't get a first birthday, we just did cake as a family, and I feel a little guilty about that.So we invited our families and some friends and had a great time. We made a pinata to look like a Death Star, it wasn't too strong which was nice, each of the little kids got swing at it a few times and than all of the big kids each got one good whack at it before it broke. We did Pin the Lightsaber on the Jedi, which was pretty fun too, and a cute idea, thanks Dave. Of course we had a bunch of snack and lots of presents and cake and ice cream too. Reece loved his cake, he kept putting his finger in the frosting and licking it while we were singing happy birthday to him, it was pretty cute. All in all it was a lot of fun, but I cant deny that I'm glad to have it over with.

Yoda using his powers, of course he only wore this for maybe 5 minutes.
Pining on his lightsaber, it's actually falling in this picture.
Sissy liked the spinning.
Yummy.
if you ask Bubba how old he is this is what he does, and he'll say "I'm 2".

Sierra actually put a dent in the pinata when she hit it.




6 comments:

Melanie Kym said...

Awwwww. I love the Yoda one. I didn't get to see that. Good times. And I understand about the "being glad it's over." I always feel relieved when the parties are done!

Just a girl and her thoughts said...

He is the cutest yoda ever!

Just a girl and her thoughts said...

Happy Birthday Reece!! My baby is almost 11. :(

NICHOLE said...

The party was fun. I'm there with ya. I love planning parties but when it's so close, I get stressed because I want everything perfect. I will be relieved after Tanner's party on Sunday!

Shannon said...

Looks so fun! I wish we could have been there! One of these days, seriously, we will get to go to each others babies birthday parties! One of these days!

morgantyan said...

I wish we could have been there and I really wish I had you guys here for my boys parties. I don't know what I'm gonna do for Hunter and it's coming soon. I'm so anti-social. Reece looks so cute as a little Yoda.