Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cleaning Day

Today is my big cleaning day to get ready for Reece's birthday party this week. I can't believe he's almost 2 (but that's another post). We are just having a get together here with friends and family, snacks and games, and of course cake and presents. I have to scour the house so I wont have to do it during the week while I'm trying to work. Luckily, Dave took Reece's birthday off from work and I didn't so I'll be at work while he decorates and does the cleaning before everyone shows up. That'll be a nice change from usual.
My jobs for today:
1. Sweep and Mop the kitchen
2. Deep clean the bathrooms ( Dave did a half A job of this last week).
3. Vacuum all rooms.
4. Wash all of the laundry(last weekend I did all of the laundry, which is my normal routine on Saturday, but I forgot about the last load of laundry that was in the washer. I didn't remember about it for a few day so, of course, at that point it smelled all mildewy and i had to wash it again. But even after rewashing it and drying it everything smells too bad to wear so I just had to throw it back in the wash again. Maybe third times the charm.
5. Organize as much of the garage as I can stand. The garage is cluttered with boxes of random stuff, so I need to go through and reorganize and label stuff. Not a priority, but definitely something that driving me crazy.

Wish me luck on this, it's never easy to get stuff done with 2 little ones to entertain. Sometimes I feel like I need to get a babysitter just so I can clean the house. I hate to make them entertain themselves all day long so I try to still play with them and let them do fun things while I'm trying to clean, but I don't want them making more messes for me to clean up, since they almost never clean up after themselves.

Completely off topic, Reece slept in until 9:30 this morning. That is so crazy. He usually wakes up around 7:30ish, but that's with Sierra bothering him and being noisy. She played really quietly this morning in the play room.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

UGG! I hate cleaning! And I keep putting it off till a day when keith can help me, and we are always SO busy! ARG! The bathroom mirror, SCARY! I hope you got at least some of your chores done! And yay Reece for sleeping in!