Thursday, October 23, 2008

So I really suck at blogging lately. I just haven't been in the mood to post anything and I feel like I haven't had much time to sit down at he computer and write. It doesn't help that I'm not the best typist so it takes me forever. I wanted to post a quick update about the kiddos. Reece will getting braces put on his legs sometime in the near future. He had and evaluation at the therapists last Thursday and he said that Reece compensates for the sensory issues by trying to keep as much of his feet off of the ground as possible while he walks, he basically tries to walk on is heels because his toes are the most sensitive. He also has naturally weak ankles which doesn't help the issue. The braces will go a few inches up his leg and to about the arch of his foot.
Sierra hasn't been doing much lately, she's had some behavior issues which we are trying to work on, mostly listening and obeying and not being a pain in the rear.
I'll be working part time starting next week, I'm so excited about this. I feel like I'm just drained from being up at 5 every morning and I'm ready for a change. I'll be working from 7:30 to 12 every day, which means I'll get to sleep in an extra hour and come home to put the kids down for naps. Having the kids nap at home is going to be so awesome. I'll be able to get so much done while they're asleep, and probably get some naps in myself. Yea!

3 comments:

Melanie Kym said...

Oh, I'm so glad you decided to do that. It's not exactly quitting, but a pretty good compromise, huh? Enjoy your nap times, I do!!

Shannon said...

oh my goodness! that new schedule sounds great! and i am sad/glad about the braces for reece, i hope they will help him, but the poor little guy :(

NICHOLE said...

Yea, now that you will be working less...it means you will have more time to take pics of the kids and blog more!!! Yea! Is Reece going to physical therapy again? If so, we should coordinate our days together so we can hang out!! That would be so awesome, we are on once a week now. Let me know.