Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reece Update

Okay, I guess I should let everyone know about Reece's surgery. It was nothing major, which is why I didn't post anything about it. Reece has had a hard time with peeing for the last few months, he would get this flap of skin that would completely block his meatis and he wouldn't be able to pee at all. When we saw the urologist about it she said he needed to have the skin stitched back to give him a wider stream. The whole process only took about 30 min, but he did have to be knocked out for it. He did a great job, the hardest part for him was not being able to eat anything before the procedure. He could only have apple juice when he woke up Thursday morning and couldn't have anything after 8am. He didn't even go back for surgery until 12 so that was tough, but he was a trooper and let us distract him with toys and wagon rides.
He got his finger smashed the same day when we went to pick up Sierra from the grandpa and grandma's house. He tried to follow Daddy through their swinging door and it came back over the top of his fingers. It didn't look like anything was wrong, but the next morning it was purple under the nail and now it's going white under the nail and I'm almost sure he's going to lose it, that'll look a little funky.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh no! Just a rough day all around for poor baby! Oh that totally stinks! I hope the surgery worked well, and that all is good now! I work till 10 tonight, but if I am not TOO tired I WILL CALL! Miss you!