Sunday, July 6, 2008

Catching Up



Well, I have a lot of catching up to do. It's been really hard for me to post lately, I just really haven't felt like sitting down and doing it. This will probably be a pretty long post (just a warning)

Sierra's birthday was on the 2nd so Dave and I both took the day off. We went to Denny's for breakfast and let her order whatever she wanted (with a little guidance from mom). She got waffle sticks and sausage with a side of grapes and chocolate milk in a rocket ship cup. I forgot to bring the camera so no pics of her birthday breakfast. She was pretty well behaved the rest of the day. She loves being the center of attention. I spent the rest of the afternoon decorating cupcakes and our kitchen, I had to re tape the streamers and balloons about a thousand times because they kept falling down, but it looked really nice while everything was up.




There are clusters of balloons at the end of each group of streamers too.


The cupcakes didn't turn out exactly how I had pictured in my mind, but they were pretty cute.



Here are some pictures of the birthday girl.



I'm 4



The light up birthday crown.


Messy cupcake face, she snuck the sucker.
We had a great turn out of family and friends, I was too busy running around to get any pictures, but thanks to everyone who came and made Sissy's party a success.





We went to Silverwood for the 4th of July. I was really nervous about taking the kids, but it actually went really well. We had kinda crummy weather for the first couple of hours, but it warmed up in the early afternoon and was wonderful after that. Dave and I went on the Panic Plunge together, it was soooo fun. For those who don't know you basically go straight up atleast 10 stories and then the drop you, I'd say you free fall for about 3 seconds or something. I even convinced my sweet little 7 year old niece, Hannah, to go on it with me. I was a ,ot more scared that time around because I could tell Hannah was terrified. She kept saying, "I'm not gonna die, I'm not gonna die." over and over again so I was trying to reassure her that it was almost over. Once we were on the ground again she said it was fun, but when you're way up there it's a bit intense. Over all we had a blast at Silverwood, but their fireworks display wasn't nearly as good as the show in Riverfront Park.


Sierra loved the helicopter ride, she wasn't even scared that we couldn't go with her.

That's Sissy curled up in the backseat sound asleep.


Trying to syke Hannah up before we take the Plunge. After Sissy got over her initial fears she liked the fireworks a lot.
He kept blinking his eyes from the flash so this is the best picture I could get of Reece watching the fireworks. He loved them, he was clapping the whole time it was so sweet.


2 comments:

morgantyan said...

I cannot believe you took Hannah on that ride. You all are crazy!! I feel like such an ass. I remembered Sierra's birthday and then I was like I'll call later and then I forgot again until right now. I suck. I'm sorry. Are you coming to the picnic at Dad's on the 27th?

Shannon said...

What a super fun weekend! I think Sierra is so lucky to have her birthday by the best holiday ever! I too, can't believe we missed it, I have her present(s) sitting RIGHT HERE! Poo!