Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Take a Guess!

Can you guess what happened at our house this morning? Lets start from the beginning.
I went to bed really late last night because I couldn't stop watching the Olympics, they didn't get over until 1am and I get up at 5 to get ready for work. I knew I was going to be tired, but I couldn't turn off the TV. When I finally did wake up it was to the realization that I'd hit the snooze button 4 times and was now running very late so I jumped into the shower and started getting ready as quick as possible. Sierra came into the bathroom before I was out of the shower and sat on the toilet while I was getting ready. I sent Sierra into the other bathroom to bring me my comb and it took her a little longer than it should've but I figured she just got sidetracked. I finished getting myself ready and I got her dressed and we headed to the bathroom to do her hair. She wanted to wear a particular bow so I was going to pull her hair up into a single ponytail, I wetted her hair and started combing and it all went downhill from there. As I combed her hair there were huge chunks of hair coming out in my comb. Of course, I immediately started freaking out, I couldn't see anything that looked like it had been cut, so it seemed like her hair was just falling out. I was near tears and there was obviously panic in my voice because David came in to see what was up. I showed him the hair and he asked Sierra if she'd cut her hair. She said yes and showed him a little pair of nose hair trimmers that were in the flip down drawer in front of the bathroom sink (I didn't even know we owned a pair of those). I cannot believe that my daughter cut her own hair. luckily her hair is curly and it's not really noticeable at all unless your looking for it, but she wont be able to wear her hair up for a long time probably. It didn't help that I was in a huge rush to get to work either so I didn't have a chance to really sit down and examine her head until I got there. The damage could have been a lot worse. It was her first haircut, too.
Pictures of the little hairstylist to come.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

oh my goodness! nose hair trimmers?!? I can't wait to see the pictures of her hair!