Sunday, August 10, 2008

Skyfest 2008

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES


The kids and I went to the Air Show at the Air Force Base today with Michelle, and Mel and her family. We only made it to the last few hours so we missed the parachuters, which would've been really neat, but we got to see the Blue Angels which was what I was most excited for. I wanted to get some pics of the kids in an airplane, but there were really long lines so I settled for some in front of the planes instead. Sierra was not impressed at all by the noise so I had to buy some earplugs for her. She started screaming immediately whenever a plane came near us. They were actually really loud, but Reece didn't seem as bothered with it as she was, she inherited her Daddy's sensitive ears.
Sierra leaned in and kissed him right before I took the shot, it was so sweet.

A rare glimpse of Mommy, this is where Sierra was loosing her mind, hence the fingers in the ears, she would cling tighter to me anytime she heard the planes nearby.
She spent most of the day like this, even after the earplugs.
Inside one of the planes, looking out.
Sitting in the plane withe cousin Faith
Bubba was such a good boy the whole time.

A sweet little snuggle with Auntie Melanie.
I don't think Sissy could hear me very well with those plugs in.
Blue Angels.


Cargo plane, I'd never realized they opened both from the front and back, it was pretty neat to see.
A closeup of the front of the cargo plane.

It was really hard to get good pictures of the planes in flight. This is one of the times the Blue Angels crossed by each other.

2 comments:

Melanie Kym said...

I just knew you would post about this before I could!!! And by the way, the one pic of you is very pretty sister!

Shannon said...

Those are some very good pictures! The kids are adorble and I agree with Melanie, the picture of you and Sierra is so sweet and pretty!