Sunday, August 24, 2008

Big Boy *UPDATE*

Well I moved Reece out of his crib today. He'll be sleeping in Sierra's toddler bed and Sierra will be sleeping in his crib with the side removed so it's like a toddler bed too. I had to put Sierra in the crib bed because it's a little bit taller than her toddler bed and he struggles to get on it. Plus her toddler bed has the railings at the head of the bed, so hopefully I wont have to worry about him falling out. I'm nervous about bedtime now because he's done so well at night up until now and I don't want to completely throw him for a loop. And I like getting my sleep too. One thing that should go to my advantage is that the kids don't have any toys in their bedroom (they're all in the playroom) so I wont have to worry about him getting up to play with toys like Sierra used to do. I'll keep you all posted, we'll be trying it out for nap today.

UPDATE**
Well it was a good 15-20 minute struggle, but he's down for his nap in his big boy bed. I tried laying him down over and over again, but he just kept getting back up. I probably did it a good 30 times. Finally I went in and sat on the floor with my hand on his back, I wasn't holding him down just making sure he knew I was there and that I was going to lay him down if he tried to get up. He cried for a minute or two and then shut his eyes and he was out. Now we'll see how long it lasts.

***
So that nap lasted all of 45 minutes, if that. i tried to get him to go back to sleep in his bed, but he wouldn't. I planned on just taking him and Sierra into my bed for a nap (Sierra and I usually nap together on the weekends anyway), but my Visiting Teaching companion called and said she'd made appointments to meet with the sisters we visit at 2:30, it was 1:30. So I quickly threw myself together and the kids and we headed to our visits. I'd never met either of the ladies before, they were both nice, but the second one said she'd forgot we were coming and didn't even invite us into her house. Needless to say we got home at 3:10 and it felt like a bit of a waste to me, not to mention the kids are going to be cranky because they're napping routine got ruined. Oh well, hopefully next time we'll plan a little better.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh! I hope it works for you! I have my fingers crossed, it definitley takes some work getting them to the big kid bed, but he will love the freedom! And how annoying about the VT, I hate when they forget you are coming!