Monday, April 21, 2008

Slide Off

I had my very first car accident today. It was the scariest thing ever. I was on my way to work, with the kids, and as I got on the freeway I realized it was really icy. I had started to accelerate as I came off the on ramp, but decided to slow down as a car ahead of me started sliding and went into the center median. As soon as I tapped my brakes, I barely touched the brake pedal, I started sliding. I was freaking out instantly, trying everything in my power to correct the problem, but there was nothing i could do. I told the kids everything was fine and said I love you to them and we slid off the freeway int a small ditch. It was terrifying, I was so worried for the kids, I couldn't imagine if anything were to happen to them. Luckily the only damage was that one of my tires was flat, but I hope this freakin weather is going to warm up already, I'm ready for spring.

3 comments:

Melanie Kym said...

Oh, wow. How scary. I am so glad that nothing serious happened. I have thankfully never been in an accident with my children in the car, but I can imagine how you must have felt. Glad you're all safe and sound. Love ya

Shannon said...

OH my goodness! Mindi that is so scary! I am so glad you are all right and it seems like you handled it so well! Oh my goodness...

Shannon said...

P.S. It is a sign that you need to get your booty down here! We are wearing shorts already!