Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just A Quick Question

Sierra's birthday is coming up and I'm trying to plan her party. We want to have a BBQ in our backyard with all of our family and friends, but I know we can't afford to provide food for the amount of people who would come. Is it rude to do a potluck BBQ/Birthday party together. We would provide all of the hamburgers, hot dogs and Polish sausage, plus all of the fixings and just ask that each family bring some sort of a side dish. I really want to have a big get together this year now that we have our own yard, but I don't want to break the bank. Let me know what you all think, I'm just curious about the etiquette.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I don't think that is rude at all! I think if anything that makes it better, b/c you will have a variety of foods and people can bring something they like. Plus with family NOTHING is rude! Hope the party is smashin' and wish we could be there!!

morgantyan said...

Seriously, that isn't rude at all. I'm sure all the family members would have no problem helping out. Do you think deviled eggs will hold up in the mail? Haha!! Wish I could be there. Love ya and kiss the kiddos.

NICHOLE said...

Nope, I love potlucks!! Are you still doing the party on a weekday? Marshall really wanted to come.