Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hampaliter

Yesterday, as I got Sierra ready to go to my Dad's house, I told her we would be seeing her cousins and she got very excited. She started recounting to me what had happened the last time we had seen them:

"And Hannah, and Faith and we jump on the hampaliter."

"What?"

"And I got an owie on the hampaliter."

Now at this point I knew what she was talking about, but what she was saying was so cute that I of course pretended I was confused so she would explain it to me again. Then we went into the living room so she could tell daddy. Now for those of you who dont speak 3 year old, she was explaining what had happened a few weeks before while jumping on the trampoline, aka hampaliter, at my sisters house. It was so cute how she was pronouncing trampoline, and she probably cold have said it correctly if I had explained to her the pronunciation, but we were headed to my dads and I wanted her to say it for him. Ofcourse when I asked her about it at my dads Faith was right there and she happens to know how to say trampoline, so Sierra was influenced a bit by the correct pronunciaton of the word, but it still came out as trampaliter, which in my opinion is just as cute.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

kids are so creative in their words! it is so funny to see what they come up with.

Anonymous said...

Certain things are meant to be life long memories, that's one!

melanie said...

Oh my gosh, I love it. The hampilater story is absolutely hilarious. I've read all of the blogs so far, unfortunately I'm supposed to be working and I can't comment on all of them. But keep em comin and I'll keep reading. You're always good for a good silly kiddo story, Minah. Love ya!!!