Friday, August 31, 2007

Friends

So I took the kids to Ben Franklin's last night to look around and I heard this song, like over the intercom, only it wasn't, it was Sierra playing with a singing bear. You squeeze it's hand and it starts to sing some song about friendship, I cant remember which one, really, really loudly. Sierra sat down in front of the bear to listen and it was all I could do to convince her to say good-bye. When she finally was ready she started waving to the bear and then making the bear wave back at her, it was actually really cute.
When we walked by the toy section she found this little tiger and I had to let her carry it around the store with us while we were browsing. When it was time to leave I told her we had to put it back and she looked at me with these longing eyes and said, "but he's my best friend." Oh my gosh, it was so cute. Surprisingly, I had the willpower to tell her no and we put it back and went home, but it was tough. Why does it have to be so hard not to spoil your kids?





3 comments:

Shannon said...

I commend you on your willpower! If only we could all be so strong, I often fail when presented with those puppy dog eyes. I always tell Keith that if our kids weren't so cute they wouldn't get away with so much.

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!! Our grand-daughter being denied a toy! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! And her best friend even? hehe

Anonymous said...

How funny. Today Ken and I had a conversation about Hunter's "best friends"... the kid at the playground, his new toy animal, even the ant on the sidewalk. You can't feel bad for not getting Sierra toys every time you shop. They are forgotten so quickly.