Friday, November 7, 2008

Piper Update

So we've had a few issues with our sweet little puppy. Mainly the fact that no matter what we do she smells so bad. I try giving her baths and she still stinks as soon as I dry her off. Potty training is taking longer than Dave and I had expected and so that is frustrating and it feels like she spends a lot of time in her kennel because if we cant keep a vigilant eye on her she has accidents. We've considered getting rid of her, but as soon as we get close to actually doing it I change my mind. She really is so sweet and adorable. The kids love her so much, except when she's jumping all over them, I can't figure out how to keep her from doing that. And to top it all off the other night she was so sweet with Reece that she weaseled her way back onto my good side. I could tell she was starting to get tired so I laid her on the couch by Reece and she snuggled up and laid her head on top of his. It was so cute and Reece was loving it. Sierra came in and got a good amount of snuggles out of her too.
Piper looks so cute here, like she's getting ready to puppy pounce on something.
She was a little more playful when Sierra came over and started playing with her hair, Sissy thought it was pretty funny.


Reece was starting to fall asleep in this one, his eyes are rolling back in his head.

How cute is this, talk about priceless.






3 comments:

Shannon said...

UM, yeah those pictures are adorable! But, yeah stinky dog??? YUCK! have you taken her to a vet? or are those kinds of dogs just stinky??

saucysosville said...

I know this sounds weird and gross but it might be your doggies anal glands that make him stink. They can secrete a nasty odor around their fur if they get excited or scared and they aren't emptied. I think the vet can either empty the glands or give medicine to treat it.

cassandra said...

hey min, it's cassie. yeah, i second the vet/anal gland check suggestions. might also be dermal fold irritation in her mouth. a lady at my work has 2 pekinese dogs (similar anatomically to pugs) and they reek. she says it's from their mouths. the way their faces fold in like that, their gums/lips rub together and make sores. you're also supposed to qtip their nose folds. might be that too. just a few ideas. let me know if you *DO* end up needing a home for her. poor thing.